Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Powerflow Yoga

Today was our first powerflow yoga class. This was the first time I (Jen) taught it and I have to admit, this was unfamiliar territory for me. Thank you to all the participants that showed up and were willing to give it a try. I think we had a great time, and got a great workout. Today's class involved a number of strengthening moves. We were up, down, all over, in between and class today attacked it. There were modifications available and I was impressed with how few were taken. It's great when people are really challenging themselves. I never want someone to go too far and get an injury, but I love it when people go for it. I should say that while we were going for it, there were also some priceless faces being made during some of our more challenging sections. Mostly by me. While we'll always have a stregthening component to our class, in the future I plan to incorporate a few more flowing moves to get a little more cardiovascular work in there too. Come try it out, next Wednesday at 4:15!

No comments:

Post a Comment