Saturday, September 3, 2011

1K Walk

This is the first chance I've (Jen) to write about our city-wide 1K walk on Wednesday. There were several locations around town where individuals gathered, I was here at the hospital hoofin' it with coworkers and some people from around the surrounding neighborhood. I found it to be a great community building activity and enjoyed getting out and moving around. It was a pretty warm day and you never know what people will respond to, but we had a respectable turnout. Thank goodness since we were a pilot community chosen to impress the Governor!

The whole point of this is to inspire us to stay (or become) healthy and active. I hope you all got out and took a quick walk around town with your friends and neighbors. Don't worry, there's another chance to walk on October 7th, so mark your calenders. This time it will be state-wide. I hope we see an even larger number of participants. Be on the lookout for signs around town with more details and I will post them on this blog as I become aware of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment