Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Long term goals

I (Jen) just came from a planning meeting that discussed the health of our community over the next five years. Well, of course I made it all about myself and started thinking about what I hope the state of my personal health will look like five years from now. I have certain things I want to accomplish and some of those goals would probably take me the entire five years to actually achieve. I have some smaller goals that I could probably get in five months or maybe even five weeks. Whatever they are, I have to keep my focus and stay accountable. I have to acknowledge where my personal struggles are and figure out how to overcome them. I have to embrace my strengths and learn how to use them to my greatest advantages. I feel like I'm talking about something serious like going to war. Well, I suppose one could cheesily argue that I would be going to war on poor health. That it's a battle that I would have to continuously fight to remain victorious for the course of my life. Whatever... The point is that it's important and it's good for us to have frequent reminders of where we want to be and how we're going to get there. Think about yourself and the state of your health. Are you where you want to be? I hope so, but I know that not everyone is perfect health. If not, what can we do to change that? Setting long term goals can be difficult, but maybe now is a good time to sit down and truly think about where we need to be in the future. Think about this: if we aren't taking care of ourselves now, what is the picture of our health going to look like in the future? Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment