Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Something the whole family loves (is that possible?)

The Ness family does not usually agree about what should go on our dinner table. Suffice it to say that there is rarely a night when I (Jen) have managed to satisfy everyone's taste buds. A few weeks ago I got one. Eureka! We were grilling chicken and I offhandedly skewered some quartered apples and threw them onto a cooler section of the grill. They were just starting to brown at the edges when I took them off. Delicious! Think of warm apple pie filling without the guilt. The warmth brought out the juiciness and sweet apple flavor and there was still a little crunch in the texture. I have served it a couple of times since to equal success (consistently liking a dish is also a rarity at our house) so I think I can safely declare this one to be a hit. There was no special sauce, no major prep, no big expense, and hardly any cooking time involved. It's one that has quickly become a summertime favorite for my entire family, something I would have previously told you was not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment