Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sticking with the Routine

Usually my work schedule requires that I (Jen) teach yoga several times a week. I say "requires" like this is a rough gig. Believe me, it's not. A few weeks ago the stars lined up in such a way that I ended up only instructing on Tuesday evening. I was busy and distracted but by the end of the week I noticed that I was so stiff and sore. Finally I took pity on myself and just did a 20 minute video at home. Oh man, what a difference that tiny bit made! By halfway through the following week I felt nearly back to normal. Am I an addict? If so, good for me! I have noticed before when I've missed step class how much more difficult it is to keep up the following session. I'm here to tell you that the same can be said for yoga or any other type of activity. You've got to stay consistant and make it a priority, even if it means squeezing in just a little bit during our more hectic times. It seems like a hassel to get out the door when there is so much to do at home, but we must must must make it a priority to stick to our routine. Our bodies will let us know if we don't and it's not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment