Friday, February 8, 2013

When I don't want to work out...

When I don't want to work out, I can...
     ...remember the feeling of accomplishment when when I am done
     ...take a 10 minute BRISK walk
     ...ask a friend along to the work out.  It helps us both with accountability
     ...look at a picture of myself "before"
     ...remind myself why I started in the first place
     ...force myself to go and feel better for it
     ...think of those that can't and be grateful that I can
     ...find something new to do
     ...listen to some energetic music
     ...put my feelings aside and use logic and reasoning
     ...call a friend to encourage me
     ...take the dog for a long walk
     ...put my workout clothes in front of the door so I won't forget them
     ...remember a time when I couldn't work out and how bad that felt
     ...bargain with myself to at least do 15 minutes and then reevaluate.  Odds are I'll stay
     ...start with something light and slow
     ...do it anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment