Friday, December 23, 2011

Year round holiday cheer

This morning I (Jen) noticed a headline on our first TV naming today, the 23rd, the busiest shopping day of the year. I have to admit to a little procrastination myself so I guess it's true. It also appears to be a busy morning for exercisers too as we are pretty full so far today. It's so wonderful to see people here in the fitness center getting in a bit of activity before we close for the weekend. More importantly, I'm also noticing how friendly everyone is with each other. But here's the great part: it's not just the time of year filling everyone with good spirits. Really, this cheerful team spirit is a year round phenomenon.

Between our classes and members coming to the fitness center at similar times of day, people get to the point that they know each other's routines. During busy times it's not uncommon to hear conversations like, "I'll do this nu step and you do the treadmill and then we'll switch in X minutes." I always hear people asking one another about families and weekend plans and upcoming events. This friendly group atmosphere we have is one of my favorite parts of my job, and I know the other gals love it too. So thank you to our members that make our days so much friendlier, not just around the holidays, but all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment